Einstein Messaging Insights alert you to any changes in your marketing performance. The Einstein notifications badge appears in the header, where it’s constantly accessible to let you know how your email sends and journeys perform.
Einstein monitors the Open Rate, Click Rate, and Unsubscribe Rates of your email sends, including batch sends and journey sends. When it finds an anomalously high or low result compared to the expected values, it generates an insight.
When an anomaly occurs, the notifications badge alerts you. The notification can be seen at the top right corner in your SFMC account.
Einstein Messaging Insights Dashboard
Clicking on the insight gives more details of the anomaly in the Einstein Messaging Insights Dashboard. The dashboard shows send-related information, such as Job ID, Email Name, Subject, Date Sent, and Total Delivered. It also clearly shows data about each send and the variable that was identified as an anomaly.
- Einstein evaluates each journey and each email send once each day to produce insights.
- Einstein uses the events collected for up to seven days after an email send to reassess whether the send is an anomaly or not.
It is off by default. To activate
- Navigate to Marketing Cloud Setup.
- Click Einstein.
- Click Einstein Messaging Insights.
- Activate Einstein Messaging Insights for your business unit
In the background, automation is created that moves data to the Marketing Cloud’s Einstein Platform to analyze the data. Einstein Messaging Insights analyze emails that are sent via journeys and batch sends too.